I have another N’Oatmeal recipe and I might like this one even better than my first one. It’s pretty close though because the caramel-i-ness (totally a word) in my first recipe is pretty spectacular.
Instead of spaghetti squash as our vegetable base, we’re going to use cauliflower. Don’t wrinkle your nose at me! Cauliflower is FULL of good for you stuff and no, you don’t need to cover it with a thick layer of cheese sauce for it to taste good. Just like the spaghetti squash in my other N’Oatmeal, you will NOT taste the cauliflower. You will taste one of the best fruit combos in the world, though, strawberry + banana.
Seriously, who was the first person to put strawberries and bananas together? Because that person deserves the Nobel Peace price. Strawberries and bananas are like the peas and carrots of the fruit world. The fruit version of mac and cheese. Want to make another legendary combo legendarier (again, totally a real word)? Put strawberries and bananas on your peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Ok, now that I have you all hyped up on the strawberry and banana combo, let’s do this! Oh, and heads up: You can make a big batch of this on Sunday, portion it out into mason jars, keep them in the fridge and have a quick breakfast all week. Just heat, add toppings, and go!
Strawberry Banana N’Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup sesame milk
- 1 cup cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), tops removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup bananas, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean, optional
- Add the milk, cauliflower, strawberries, bananas, and cinnamon to a medium saucepan. If you’re using a vanilla bean, split in half and scrape the inside into the pot. Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Stir everything together and let it cook until it comes to a simmer and the bananas start melting into the mixture. This might take a few minutes if you’re using frozen ingredients.
- Once it starts to bubble, add the chia seeds. Then using an immersion blender, blend everything until it reaches and oatmeal consistency. You can also pour everything into your blender and blend it there.
- Pour the N’Oatmeal back into the pot and heat for another minute or so. Serve in bowls topped with extra fruit, nuts, seeds, nut butter, coconut shreds, chocolate chips, or whatever else your little heart desires!