After I made my Turmeric Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, I kind of became obsessed. I mean not that that is a bad thing, but I ate a lot of pumpkin seeds.
Then I had to take a break.
You know how sometimes you eat something so much that it just loses its thrill? Yeah, that happened with pumpkin seeds. So after about a month of all the pumpkin seeds, I had a month of no pumpkin seeds.
And then I saw them on sale at Whole Foods. And before I could stop myself, my hands were filling up a paper bag (bulk food section for the win) and I was at home staring at about a pound of pumpkin seeds.
Instead of fall into my delicious but slightly tired turmeric rut, I experimented. I decided to go a little sweeter this time and I am QUITE glad that I did. I’ve made chai-spiced granola before and these pumpkin seeds kind of follow suit. But the thing that kicks these up a notch? The vanilla ghee.
If you can’t find vanilla ghee near you (I got mine in a convenient little travel pack from Whole Foods), you can use regular ghee. But maybe add a little vanilla extract because you won’t regret it!
Oh and make these pumpkin seeds when you want your house to smell amazing because your house will smell amazing.
Chai & Ghee Roasted Pumpkin Seeds- makes 6-8 servings
For 1/4 cup serving- Calories: 209 Total Fat: 19.33g Carbs: 3g Fiber: 2g Protein: 9g
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons vanilla ghee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 and line a large baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Put the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Melt everything together over medium-low heat and then pour over the pumpkin seeds.
- Mix everything together and make sure all the pumpkin seeds are coated. Spread the seeds in an even layer on the baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes. Rotate the pan and the seeds halfway through.
- The seeds are done when they are a golden brown. Let the seeds cool and then store in an airtight container in the fridge.