Ok, we all know that avocado pudding isn’t a new thing. In fact, it’s probably an old thing at this point. It’s touted as the healthier alternative to regular pudding because it’s full of good for you fats thanks to the avocado. I’ve even used avocado pudding in two of my recipes (Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait and Banana Pudding if you were wondering).
So why am I putting this simple recipe on the blog again?
Because it’s a simple recipe. And it’s low-carb. And it’s still full of good for you fats. Ain’t no shame in making something simple that fits your eating lifestyle.
I’m also sharing another version I made of this pudding that features Dolcedi Low Glycemic Sweetener. I got a chance to review this product over on Chic Vegan and you can check it out over there. The version I’m posting here is very similar but I changed up the sweetener to make it even more low carb than the other version.
The best thing about this pudding? The stuff you can put on top or mix in if you’re feeling in the mood for that. Try cacao nibs, coconut shreds, fresh berries, homemade magic shell, chopped almonds, or chia seeds. Or use it as a dipping sauce for strawberries, orange slices, and bananas. Basically, just use it in everything for everything because chocolate never hurt nobody.
Except for dogs. It’s poisonous to dogs. So don’t share this with Fido.
Low Carb Avocado Pudding- makes 10 small servings or 5 large servings
Calories: 45 Total Fat: 4.32g Carbs: 1.43g Fiber: .9g Protein: .8g
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp or 1 packet Stevia
- 1/2 cup milk (I used Ripple, but you can use any non-dairy/dairy milk that works for you)
- Place everything in a blender or food processor. You can also use a tall jar/glass and use an immersion blender. Blend until completely smooth. You don’t want to run across any avocado chunks in this.
- Put the pudding in the fridge for at least an hour or until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve in individual glasses and top with whatever you would like (see suggestions above) and enjoy!