I’m having a thing with mayo lately. I just can’t get enough. It’s weird because I NEVER liked mayo as a kid. I would use mustard on my sandwiches because I couldn’t stand mayo.
So it’s weird that I want to put it on All. The. Things.
I know I have mayo already on my blog and to be honest, I just made it as a part of my DIY series because I knew a lot of people liked mayo. My obsession with the stuff didn’t start until a few weeks ago when my sister made this mayo for a family BBQ. She added some chipotle seasoning and garlic and it was awesome. The rest of the food at the BBQ simply became a vehicle to get the mayo in my mouth.
So I started experimenting with variations of her mayo. When I had the crazy idea to add liquid smoke I struck mayo gold. Garlic-y smoky gold. I’ve already used this mayo in TWO other recipes I have coming to the blog soon. Just do yourself a favor and make some now and become obsessed with me.
I’m not exactly sure how long this mayo will last in normal people’s houses because it lasts less than a week around here. So if you get the chance, let me know 😉
Smoky Garlic Mayo- Based on The Healthy Foodie’s Foolproof Homemade Mayo
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (this is the kind I use)
- 4 cloves garlic (half that if you want less of a garlic punch)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
* NOTE: I’ve only made this with an immersion blender because it’s the easiest way BUT I think you could probably do this in a blender or food processor.
- Measure the avocado oil into a container large enough to fit an immersion blender.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper. Drop the egg in last and let it settle at the bottom.
- Fully immerse your immersion blender into the cup and have it touch the bottom. Turn it on and hold it on the bottom of the cup for about 15 seconds.
- SLOWLY pull the immersion blender up until everything is incorporated. You might have to pull the blender out completely and then blend down to get the oil all mixed together.
- Store in an airtight container in your fridge for as long as it will last!