I’m going to be honest with you, I haven’t been the biggest fan of gazpacho in the past. The idea of cold soup isn’t super appealing to me but this gazpacho has made me rethink my tastes. The avocado adds a really nice creaminess and this dish is super refreshing on a hot summer night. If you don’t like gazpacho, try this one out before you swear them off forever.
Avocado and Corn Gazpacho
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (if using frozen let them thaw first)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1 3/4 vegetable broth or water
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper
1. Peel and mash avocado with the lime juice, set aside
2. Saute the corn, garlic, and half the chopped scallions for about 5 minutes. The corn should have a little bit of char on it.
3. Place the corn saute, and avocado into a blender and blend until smooth. Add in the broth or water and almond milk and blend together. Top with rest of scallions and salsa if desired.
You can serve this at room temperature or let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. The gazpacho improves with time so the next day it will taste even better! Just a word of warning though, this soup will only last about a week before the avocado starts to turn brown. So eat it as fast as possible, which shouldn’t be a problem!