Less than a week until Christmas!!! So, who’s excited? I know I am. I think all this snow and cold has made it feel extra Christmas-y this year and I’m loving it.
In case you’re feeling a little Christmas stress (hey, it happens to the jolliest of us), I thought I would round up a few of my favorite recipes to serve over the holidays. That way you can get your menu figured out way before the big day and rest easy.
I also have the chocolatiest hot cocoa to share with you today because what would Christmas or the holidays be without a little hot chocolate? The best part is if you have a blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, you can make it all in your blender with the heating function.
I also have some gingerbread candy and a Christmas cauliflower pilaf coming your way so keep checking the blog for all your holiday recipes this week!
Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar, depending on how sweet you want it
- 6 oz dark chocolate, grated
- optional: whip cream, extra shaved chocolate, or crushed candy canes for topping
- Place the coconut flakes and cocoa nibs in a large bowl. Place the water in a pot and bring to a boil. Pour the boiling water over the coconut and nibs and let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the water, coconut flakes, and nibs into a blender and blend together until smooth. Strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. Pour the strained milk into a pot and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the coconut sugar and chocolate and heat until right before it boils. Pour into mugs and top with whip cream and chocolate shavings or crushed candy canes!
And here are some delicious holiday recipes for your dinner table!
- French Onion Dip
- Creamy Cranberry Dip
- Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Taco Ravioli (fun appetizer!)
- Slow Cooker Minestrone
- Italian Pasta Bake
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Swirl Cookie Bars
- Christmas Blondies