Cheese and garlic are two words that need to be put together as often as possible. Who doesn’t want something cheesy and garlicky?
People who are lactose intolerant, vegan, or a vampire. While I can’t make a cheesy garlic spread that would be suitable for a vampire, I can make one for those people who don’t or can’t do dairy.
This spread could not be easier to put together, especially if you already have roasted garlic on hand (which you should ALWAYS have roasted garlic on hand), and it goes with everything. On top of soup or stew, in tacos, as a salad dressing, on crackers, as a vegetable dip. The possibilities are endless! Heck, eat it with your finger. I won’t judge.
Make sure you have a batch of this on hand for Friday’s recipe because you aren’t going to want to miss that one. It’s pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
Cheesy Garlic Spread
- 2/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight or very hot water for 4 hours
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic
- 3 to 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, depending on how cheesy you want it
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place everything into a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 3 to 4 minutes until everything is completely smooth. It will probably take less time if you have a high-speed blender.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
That’s it! Now go put this on everything and save a little bit for later in the week!