Surprise! Another chicken thigh recipe made in the Instant Pot! Are you shocked? Yeah me neither.
I told you I was all about the thigh lately as well as all about simple dinners that don’t require a lot of thought. I really like this meal because you can prep the chicken on the weekend while you’re doing the rest of your meal prep and then whenever you want to make this dinner, just throw it in your Instant Pot or slow cooker. Boom. Dinner with very little effort.
This is also a recipe that can be adapted to your tastes. Don’t like the lemon/Greek seasoning combo? Try lime and taco seasoning. Or orange and five spice. Or regular old salt, pepper, and garlic with a splash of balsamic vinegar. See? Adaptable and simple.
Oh, and one more bonus. You can make a ton and then have leftovers. You know I’m all about the leftovers. Ok, time to get cooking.
Souvlaki Shredded Chicken- serves 6
For one serving: Calories: 227 Total Fat: 17.17g Carbs: .76g Fiber: 0g Protein: 15.94g
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh (can also use chicken breast)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning (I used this blend)
- Blend the lemon juice, broth, oil, garlic, and Greek seasoning together. Place the chicken in a shallow dish or large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- For the slow cooker: Add the chicken and marinade to your slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken at the end and stir to combine well with the sauce.
- For the Instant Pot: Turn on the saute function. Once hot, add just the chicken to the pot and sear on both sides. Add the marinade and hit cancel. Put the lid on the pot and make sure the valve is turned to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes and do a natural release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure. Shred chicken and stir to combine in the sauce.
- Serving suggestions: In pita bread or taco shells, lettuce wraps, over salad or pasta like orzo, with Cheesy Basil Cauliflower Rice, with rice or quinoa, or just on its own!