We have entered into the season of parties. Office parties, family gatherings, downtown bashes. Everywhere you look there seems to be another party celebrating the season.
And I love it.
I’m 29 years old and I still get as giddy as a kid around Christmas time. I don’t care how cheesy it sounds, there really is something magical about the holiday season. Twinkling lights, snow on the ground, Christmas songs, spending time with the ones you love, and eating.
Oh, the eating.
Let’s face it. There is a lot of food around this time of year. I mean, Thanksgiving is all about food. I’m ok with indulging every now and then but when every weekend is filled with celebrations and food, you’re going to want a few healthy bites.
Which is why I have today’s recipe for you. It tastes creamy and decadent but is full of good for you stuff. AND it’s perfect for anyone who has allergies, intolerances, or is avoiding certain things. There is no dairy, gluten, grains, nuts, or eggs but I promise it doesn’t taste like cardboard.
Best thing yet? You can whip these up in the 15 minutes before the party when you realize you said you would make something and then completely forgot. Those are the best dishes.
Spinach-Artichoke Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 8 oz package of baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and drained
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar to top
- Preheat oven to 400. Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. You want a little hollow bowl to fill.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until everything is combined. You want it a little chunky, not totally smooth.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a baking sheet. Bake the caps for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the filling are a little brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle balsamic vinegar over them before you serve!