This was a meal that was really easy to put together and I made it with stuff that I already had in my kitchen. Those are pretty much the best meals ever, minimal work and minimal shopping. Not that I am lazy or anything… This dish also is packed with good for you spices and vegetables. Turmeric is a powerhouse of good things as is spinach and mushrooms!
Turmeric Scented Mushrooms and Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 package of mushrooms, sliced (you can use whatever mushrooms you would like, I used baby bella)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- zest and juice from 1 large lime
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (or more olive oil)
1. Prepare your brown rice noodles according to the package and set aside while you put everything else together
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat your olive oil and sesame oil on medium high heat. Add the turmeric and toast for about 1 minute. Next add your mushrooms and sprinkle with a little salt. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until they are soft and brown. Add the garlic, onion, rice vinegar, lime juice and zest and dill. Saute for about 3 minutes, then fold in the spinach and cook until the leaves have wilted down. Put your noodles in a bowl and cover with mushroom stir fry!
This meal was good the first time around, but it was even better as leftovers. That extra time really let the flavors come together deliciously. It also tastes just as good cold as it does hot, so try it both ways! Enjoy!