I love quick meals that taste really good, who doesn’t? This one comes together super fast and delivers quite a powerful taste punch. Yeah. Taste punch. I said it. So if you’re in the mood for a healthy and tasty Asian-inspired dish, try this one out!
Stir fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used chunky for extra texture)
- 1/3 cup veggie broth
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less if you don’t like spicy, more if you like the heat)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (I used Braggs Liquid Aminos, you can also use coconut aminos)
- assorted stir fry veggies, broccoli/carrots/water chestnuts/cauliflower/sugar snap peas/bok choy
- 1 onion, diced
- brown rice noodles, optional but delicious!
1. If using brown rice noodles, cook according to the package while you get everything else going
2. Combine peanut butter, veggie broth, red pepper flakes, honey, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together well and set aside
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat a little EVOO and stir fry your vegetables for about 7 to 10 minutes. You don’t want them to be mushy, but crisp.
4. Once your vegetables are cooked, add in your brown rice noodles and combine them with the vegetables. Pour your peanut sauce over this and stir well. Heat through for another 2 minutes. Serve it up and enjoy! This meal also makes some pretty awesome leftovers the next day, so make enough to enjoy it again!