Eventually, there will be a Sunday where it isn’t kind of gloomy and I have done more exciting things than work, meal prepped, and watched old movies.
This Sunday wasn’t that Sunday.
We’re right in that in-between time of a long year of work/school stuff wrapping up and summer fun about to start. Adam and I have our first camping trip scheduled for the 1st of June and I can NOT wait! I never thought I would be the person thrilled to spend my summers camping, but it really is the best. Not only do I get to enjoy the great outdoors, but the fact that there is no wifi, no TV, no nothing but the trees, it’s a great time to really connect with Adam.
Even better, we decided to upgrade our tent this year. We had been borrowing a tent from Adam’s folks and while it worked, we really wanted a space that was bigger. Meaning could fit more than our sleeping bags and us. And one we could stand up in. It’s the little things. Anyways, we’ll be breaking in our new abode at Starved Rock and then who knows?
On the nutrition-school front, I’m almost done with my certification! I have one more chapter to get through and then my final test. I’m excited to start helping people and getting my health-coaching going. This is something I’ve wanted for a long time and I’m ready to start!
Ok, the other part of my weekend was spent making food because duh. I tested out a few new recipes, but I mostly got my regular things ready to go for the week. Here is what is on the menu for the Dawson house:
- Monday- Spaghetti and Turkey-Herb Meatballs
- Tuesday- Southwestern Frittata (meaning I used chili powder and taco seasoning)
- Wednesday: Crispy pan-fried Chicken Thighs with oven roasted veggies
- Thursday: Seared Ahi Tuna… because why mess with a good thing?
- Friday: Not sure what this coming Friday’s dinner will bring but last Friday I made a “naked” chicken nugget that actually turned out really delicious. Maybe even worth a spot on the blog…
I also prepped:
- Nori Wraps
- Baked Oatmeal Bars
- lunches for both Adam and I
- A new fat bomb recipe with chocolate and hazelnuts
- A batch of these pickles because I love them
- Roasted pumpkin seeds that turned out amazing… look for those soon
- I also roasted a pork butt on Sunday for dinner and the leftovers will make quick meals/lunches a snap
Whew! I never realized how much stuff I put together this weekend until I wrote it all out. I hope you are having a great Monday and getting ready for all the summer fun heading your way!