I thought today would be a good time to do a different, fun post. One of the blogs I read, Live and Love to Eat, does a post every Monday called Miscellaneous Monday. Well, I thought that I would try something along those lines for this Friday and give you 24 (my age) facts about me. I figure that you guys know a little about me, but not much other than the little tid bits I slip into my posts. Plus, it’s fun to do a random post! Now, I won’t be doing this every Friday, this is a health and nutrition blog, not the “let’s know everything about Katie” blog, but for today I’m playing it fast and loose with the rules. Ok, not really but enjoy! So without further adieu…
24 Random Facts about Me
1. I have a Bachelors Degree in Music from Northern Illinois University. While I love music and it will always be a part of my life, I probably would not choose this as a career path if I had to do that all over again
2. I am about a month away from marrying this guy. This is my fiancé, Adam and he is pretty much the bees knees! Can’t wait to be his Mrs!
3. I am obsessed with the fall season. I literally love everything about it! The scents, the weather, the clothes, the trees, apples, pumpkins… I could go on and on I may or may not have a decent sized pumpkin collection….
4. For my 23rd birthday Adam got me a cat, Dot. She promptly settled into our home and fell in love with Adam. She tolerates me, but truly adores him. Oh well, it gives me a good excuse to pester Adam for a dog so I can have a pet that loves me!
5. I am a big Doctor Who fan. If you have no clue what that is, it’s pretty much just wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff. No, but seriously it’s a sci-fi show on BBC and it is awesome. Start watching now and thank me later.
6. I know I have mentioned this before but I really LOVE to cook. Being in the kitchen making something delicious gives me great joy and I don’t care if that makes me sound like a 50’s housewife. Get over it or I won’t let you have any of my homemade apple pie…
7. My favorite color is purple and I would wear it everyday if my sister (who has a far better fashion sense than me) would let me get away with it!
8. I have the dream of one day living in a super awesome cabin in the mountains of Colorado. It is so beautiful there and how awesome would it be to wake up to mountains everyday?
9. I love reading. Like really love reading. So much that when I was younger my parents would punish me by taking away the book I was currently reading. Yup I’m a dork.
10. While on the subject of dork, I was in marching band all through high school and for a few years in college. I loved every second and would gladly do it all again. Some of my best memories, and friends, are from band and I wouldn’t trade those for the world.
11. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be sweet potatoes. I can not get enough of this tasty tuner. Ask Adam what food I have threatened him with bodily harm if he tries to take it from me. Sweet potatoes.
12. At least once (or five) times a day I will make a Friends reference. It is literally one of the best shows ever made and thanks to Adam’s Christmas gift to me last year I can watch it whenever I want. Which is a lot. Ok every night. Don’t judge me!
13. I have one younger sister, Jodie, and she is pretty much awesome. She is a senior at Valpo, and while I don’t get to see her as often as I would like, I know I can text her some random movie quote and she will come right back with the next line. Like I said, pretty much awesome.
14. The farthest out of the U.S. I have ever been is Canada. I know, crazy word traveler right? Long plane rides are just not my thing, but someday I would like to visit Spain, Italy, and Greece. That would be neat.
15. I am lucky to have two of the best parents ever. They support me in everything and have shaped me into the person I am today. Plus, I had to get my good looks and witty charm from someone (mom)!
15. On that same wavelength I am also uber blessed to be getting some of the best in-laws a gal could ask for! After hearing horror stories about my mom and granny, I was so glad when Adam’s mom turned out to be amazing! She already treats me like a daughter and I can’t wait to make it official! And Alan, you gave me pumpkins, what more could I ask for?
17. I think I may be one of the last people on earth who does not have a smart phone. The 1year old I nanny for has an iPhone. I kid you not. Good thing he likes to share….
18. Maybe this is because I like cooking so much, but I love to grocery shop. It has become our Saturday ritual (along with the pancakes) and I know my weekend would be wonky without it. I just love picking out the foods I will turn into yummy and healthy meals!
19. I may or may not have gone to a Barry Manilow concert for my 17th birthday and totally loved every second. Ok I so did this and judge all you want Barry is one heck of a performer!
20. I have been growing my hair out for the past two years, and while long hair is nice I can not wait to chop it off after the wedding. I plan to donate to locks of love and rock a super cute pixie….
21. It is really hard to think of 24 random facts about myself. What does that say about me?
22. I am TERRIFIED of squirrels. Laugh all you want, those evil buggers are plotting our demise. So don’t come crying to me when it happens. I warned you.
23. I still sleep with my childhood blanket. It’s well loved and I plan to love it until it distengrates.
24. My favorite place to be on a Friday night? Curled up on the couch, next to Adam with a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine, watching a movie. I’m a homebody and would choose that over any club or bar. Yup, I’m a 60 year old in a 24 year old’s body
There you go. 24 (very) random things about me. I won’t do this often but thought it would be a good time to share some things about me with you! Monday it will be back to business with a post on another one of the senses and it’s relation to eating. Until then have a great weekend!
One thought on “Friday Funday!”
I mean I am pretty impressive… 🙂
Comments are closed.